Life Together is life at its best

launch a program

my church

The church you attend really should partner with a nearby school because no matter where you live, a tremendous need exists. Over 3,000 public schools now wait for a church to offer a Kids Hope USA program—because they know it works!

my school

Schools across the country know exactly why many students will thrive when they receive hope and love from adult mentor relationships. In fact, 99.3% of teachers report that their Kids Hope USA students improved in academics, attendance, behavior, and attitude—the mentoring hour works!

individual roles

mentor

A volunteer willing to share his/her most precious commodity; time. Convinced that a student’s life can change when given the chance within the context of a reliable relationship, a mentor provides the love of presence and the hope of a better tomorrow. Together, with a prayer partner, a mentor’s deepest desire is to see a difference.

According to students, a mentor is someone who…
…believes in me. Tommy’s story
…is faithful. Zeke’s story
…knows my name. Samantha’s story
…will be there for only me. Seth’s story

Your next step: All Kids Hope USA programs operate exclusively through churches. If your church has a program, please contact your director to discover how you can volunteer as a mentor. If not, please ask your church to consider starting a program (see “my church” above).

prayer partner

A volunteer matched with every mentor, this behind-the-scenes role provides support, encouragement, and accountability (and prayers, of course) that ensure an enduring and successful relationship.

Data shows that a highly engaged prayer partner has a strong, positive effect on the mentor-student relationship.

As an old proverb says, “No road is long with good company.”

Your next step: All Kids Hope USA programs operate exclusively through churches. If your church has a program, please contact your director to discover how you can volunteer as a prayer partner. If not, please ask your church to consider starting a program (see “my church” above).

program director

Leadership starts and stops with people.

Critical to the success of every program is a passionate, committed director.

Kids Hope USA thoroughly trains and supports directors to ensure programs operate well and provide an outstanding experience for every student.

We also provide ongoing, personal support for directors to stay organized and encouraged to lead and love their volunteers.

Your next step: If your church plans to start a Kids Hope USA program, and you’re interested in this role, request a program director job description.

scholarship provider

A heart that overflows with gratefulness to God will share a small amount of monthly support for a student to participate in a Life Together relationship. A small monthly scholarship of $15 will cover Kids Hope USA’s per-child organizational cost and make the new Life Together tools available for a student. Every scholarship enables an existing relationship to continue and helps the organization to reach an additional student. While the Provider role can be a separate person, either a prayer partner or mentor can also play this part and, thus, have a dual role in the Life Together relationship.

Your next step: Contact your church’s program director for more information and to donate through your church’s unique link.

donor

A heart that overflows with gratefulness to God shares financial support. Convicted that life-changing relationships are investments worth making, donors provide approximately 85% of all funding needed for Kids Hope USA to operate and grow each year. The remaining 15% comes from church fees; we receive no government or school funding.

Watch President and CEO David Staal’s explanation

Kids Hope USA donors know that their funding makes a difference in every student reached by our program—because life together is life at its best.

Your next step: Visit our Donate page to learn how you can help bring love and hope to students.

Start typing and press Enter to search