Through a Kids Hope USA mentoring program, elementary students meet once a week for one hour with a mentor – a mentor who is there just for them. This one-on-one attention can make a world of difference for a student in need of the support of another caring and consistent adult in their life.
Developed for public schools
- Adherence to separation of church and state
- Church partners cover all program costs, requiring minimal school staff investment
- Mentors are thoroughly screened, trained and supervised by the program director
Implemented by churches.
- Opportunity to bless the community by serving in real and tangible ways
- Mentors acknowledge they are guests of the school and commit to respect
- Building community relationships that support students to thrive
Connect with us to learn more about what it could look like for you to be involved in a Kids Hope USA program.
IMPACT ON YOUR CHURCH
Kids Hope USA is a really well-developed, simple system for both entry level and seasoned volunteers to plug into.”
– Kids Hope USA pastor
Engaging your congregation in intentional, committed mentoring relationships with students at your local elementary school can also make a significant impact in your church community. The benefits of mentoring go both ways.
This engagement of your church offers:
- Visible outreach opportunities in your community, with open doors to engage other ministries.
- A way for new volunteers to get involved in the church community.
- Spiritual growth for mentors and prayer partners in building relationships that are wrapped in prayer.
HOW IT WORKS
Success From the Start
Before mentors and directors step foot in the elementary school to mentor, they engage in thorough and practical training. And, with the dedicated support of our program team, directors are provided one-on-one assistance from beginning their training, starting to mentor and continuing to build these transformative relationships.
Learn more about the training process by connecting with us.
“I love mentoring because not only am I helping someone else, but I have been blessed as well. I have learned how to be a better person, mother and friend.”
– Kids Hope USA Mentor
Kids Hope USA Next
The need for caring, consistent adults in children’s lives goes beyond elementary school. Kids Hope USA NEXT is an extension of an existing Kids Hope USA program that allows mentoring to continue into middle school.
If you are part of an existing program and would like to continue mentoring students as they go into middle school, connect with your program specialist.
Kids Hope USA is excited to explore partnerships with Christian organizations who are passionate about building one-on-one relationships to support the community. As part of a pilot program, we’re inviting employees to go out into their local community to serve in this national mentoring movement.
If your organization is interested in learning more about the opportunities to step into meaningful relationships through mentoring, connect with us!
TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
As the African proverb states, “It takes a village to raise a child.” With so many ways to get involved at Kids Hope USA, you can take your next step in helping to provide love and support for students.