Kids Hope USA Mentoring Program
Developed for use in public schools.
- No cost to the school for this program.
- Schools select students to participate.
- Volunteers are organized and led by the church director.
- Compliance with church/state separation guidelines.
- Mentors commit to show up for an entire school year.
Implemented by churches.
- Includes training, support and resources for all roles.
- Experienced support staff provide guidance and assistance
- Used by congregations of less than 50 and more than 20,000.
- Helps build local community and supports relationships
“This school-based mentoring program has a positive impact on student achievement.”
Dr. Steven Gutierrez (Area Superintendent, Houston ISD), The Impact of School-Based Mentoring On Student Achievement
and School Engagement in Elementary Aged At-Risk Students published by the University of Houston College of Education
Success From the Start
Kids Hope USA provides comprehensive training programs (all available online) for every role. Access online director training via smartphone, tablet, or computer. The time spent learning the materials and activities during training equips a leader to fully launch and run a program. You will be contacted to meet either in person or over the phone prior to the start of training.
We also provide complete training courses for mentors and prayer partners upon the completion of director training.
How It Works
Kids Hope Next
middle school mentoring
Kids Hope USA NEXT is an extension of an existing Kids Hope USA program that allows mentoring to continue into middle school. If you are an existing program and would like your church to continue mentoring students who will attend middle school, contact us.