KIDS HOPE USA Response to COVID-19 & Our Commitment to Supporting Our Church Partners
- Pray: Cover our Kids Hope programs and students in prayer. Please pray for students, families and for the school staff, teachers and administrators as they navigate school closures and academic disruptions.
- Mentoring Pause: To ensure the health and well-being of all Kids Hope volunteers and children, we ask that mentors do not meet in person with their student in or out of school until further notice.
- Staying Connected: Because schools are canceled all over the country, we would love to offer suggestions for how mentors can stay connected with their students. Please consider the following:
- Mentors: if you already have contact information for the student’s family, we encourage you to write a note to your student or offer to FaceTime them. Hearing from you will certainly be a bright spot for the child and will give them some additional encouragement and fun. There are so many ways to use mail to connect with your student in the coming weeks, but remember to wash your hands before writing the note and don’t lick the envelope!
- Mentors: if you don’t have direct access to their student’s contact information such as home address and phone or email, connect with your program director about becoming a “pen pal” with your student. Directors may be able to facilitate sending notes from the church and get them mailed them out.
- What to Expect Next: In the coming days, check back to this website for new communication from Kids Hope USA. Our website (www.kidshopeusa.org) will be a gathering place for information, suggestions, and prayer requests. Specifically, we are hoping to host or create the following.
- A few “Director Idea Exchanges,” inviting Directors to participate with other Directors within their region and with Kids Hope USA national and regional staff. Be watching online for days and times to be communicated.
- A prayer calendar and several online opportunities to pray together.
- Other helpful communication tips and resources to equip you and your mentors
- A list of FAQ’s and answers
Thank you in advance for your support, donations and prayer for Kids Hope USA. Those of us at Kids Hope USA are praying for you and everyone who is part of our programs too!