Mentoring makes a difference
All children face challenges, but some hurdles are bigger than others, and sometimes kids need a little extra support to build resilience and hope. Our local elementary school needs people willing to build positive, caring, one-on-one relationships with students, to walk alongside them as friends and cheerleaders.
Kids Hope USA mentors (supported by behind-the-scenes prayer partners) spend one hour per week talking, reading, playing, and listening to a child at school. Research shows that by helping a child feel loved and valued, the child can better learn, grow, and succeed.
- Consistently visit one student for one hour each week during the school day.
- Commit to maintaining confidentiality and following program rules.
- Attend our church regularly.
- Successfully complete the screening and training process.
PRAYER PARTNER QUALIFICATIONS
- Believe in the power of prayer.
- Faithfully pray for a mentor and student each week.
- Contact the mentor on a regular basis for prayer requests.
Frequently Asked Questions by Potential Mentors
Thank you for taking the next step in exploring what it means to mentor a student at your local elementary. Here are some common Q&A that may help you prayerfully consider this opportunity.
Will you be that someone?
JOIN THE MOVEMENT
Contact your Kids Hope USA Director or call your Church Office to get started!